Duke University | Epsilon Rho
Contact Epsilon Rho
The Founding of Epsilon Rho
The Epsilon Rho Chapter of Delta Kappa Epsilon was founded at Duke University on April 3rd, 1983.
- Epsilon Rho has traditionally had close ties with Duke’s club quidditch team, with a significant portion of our members also being a part of the team.
- Outside of COVID, our chapter makes an annual trek to the Richmond National Battlefield Park, where the events of the “Brothers in DKE” poem took place during the Civil War.
- We have doubled in size each of the past two years.
Philanthropy and Service
Brothers of Epsilon Rho have worked to clean public spaces, collaborated with Panda Express to create a fundraiser for Hope Animal Rescue (a non-profit organization based in North Carolina devoted to rescuing and rehoming dogs in the state), and organized furniture drives in recent years. On top of that, they partnered with the Nu Alpha chapter of Delta Kappa Epsilon at Northeastern University for a philanthropy event over the summer.
Awards and Recognition
- Epsilon Rho placed third for the DKE HQ Delta Award for most improved growth.
- Brother Daniel Devault is a Questbridge Scholar
- Brother Bhrij Patel is a 2020 MCM/ICM Meritorious Winner and a Duke Datathon Runner Up.
- Brother Jonah Embry-Seckler is a National Hispanic Scholar and a Sutherland Family Engineering Scholar
- Brother Rohit Raguram won the Maureen O’Donnell Oxford Classical Dictionary Award and a National Classical Etymology Exam Gold Medal. He is also a U.S. Varsity National History Bowl International Qualifier.
- Brother Jack Xu is an AB Duke Scholar, an International Physics Olympiad Silver Medalist, a member of the United States Computing Olympiad Platinum Division, a Morgan Stanley SkillsSprint Winner, and was on the 7th place team of Google Hash Code for Interns.
Undergraduate Enrollment: 6,542
Percentage of Student Body in Greek Life: 30%
Number of IFC Chapters on Campus: 13
Submitting Changes to your Associate Chapter’s Page:
If you would like to submit any updates, corrections, or changes to your Chapter’s page, please contact Rainey Lynch (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Travis Tafoya (email@example.com).