Delta Kappa Epsilon International Fraternity
The International Fraternity has certain standards and expectations of its Associate Chapters, Chapters, & Members. Please review the membership agreement in detail and acknowledge this agreement below. The membership agreement, and its addendums, can be found at the links below.
This agreement is between the above identified member (hereafter “Member”) and the Delta Kappa Epsilon International Fraternity, (hereafter “DKE.”.) for Member to become a recognized member of DKE and for the Member to signify his understanding of the terms, conditions, and responsibilities of membership as stated in this agreement, (hereafter “Agreement”).
Active membership in DKE is a process of mutual selection which includes becoming an Associate Member, successful completion of the local member onboarding program not in conflict with the Constitution, Bylaws, & Standards or any other Fraternity policy, and the DKE Member Onboarding process, being duly initiated in accordance with the Constitution, Bylaws, & Standards of DKE, and fulfilling all financial obligations related to membership. This Agreement does not obligate the Member to complete any Associate Member Onboarding Program, Ritual, or seek active membership. Neither does this Agreement guarantee that the Member will be granted active membership. This Agreement gives the Member the right to seek active membership and may be terminated by either party prior to active membership being granted. If the Member does not sign this Agreement or is not initiated into a duly recognized Chapter of DKE, for any reason, he will not be received into membership with the Chapter or the International Fraternity and this Agreement becomes null and void.
CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
As a condition of membership and in consideration for continuing membership in the Chapter and the International Fraternity, Member agrees to support and fulfill the following obligations:
- In Delta Kappa Epsilon, we seek to uphold the ideals presented in the “Objects of DKE.” The Objects of Delta Kappa Epsilon are: The cultivation of general literature and social culture, The advancement and encouragement of intellectual excellence, The promotion of honorable friendship and useful citizenship, The development of a spirit of tolerance and respect for the rights and views of others, The maintenance of gentlemanly dignity, self-respect, and morality in all circumstances, and, The union of stout hearts and kindred interests, to secure to merit its due reward.Therefore, Member agrees to conduct himself in accordance with these Objects and will not bring disrepute upon himself, his Chapter, or DKE through irresponsible actions.
- Member agrees to meet the expectations of his Chapter that are not in conflict with the Constitution, Bylaws, & Standards or any other policy of Delta Kappa Epsilon.
- Member agrees to support, follow, and abide by the Constitution, Bylaws, & Standards, and any other policy or directive duly provided by the International Fraternity, its staff, its Board of Directors, or others with delegated authority to act on behalf of the International Fraternity.
- If Member takes residence or, occupies in any way, in a facility owned, leased, or operated by the International Fraternity, the DEKE Foundation, the DEKE Property Group, an Associate Chapter, Chapter, or local housing corporation, he is expected to comply with facility policies and standards not in conflict with any applicable law or the Constitution Bylaws, & Standards, or any other policy of DKE.
- If Member is terminated from membership for any reason, he may not disclose any Secrets, Rituals, or the private work of the Fraternity at any time or in any form.
- If Member is terminated from membership for any reason, and occupies space in a facility as listed above, the Member agrees to terminate his lease, any agreement, and any right he has to occupy the facility.
- If Member is terminated from membership for any reason, he is not obligated to refund or return of any money paid to an Associate Chapter, Chapter, or the International Fraternity.
- If Member has any debt with an Associate Chapter, Chapter, or the International Fraternity, the termination of membership does not release Member from his obligation to pay that debt. Member’s responsibility to make payment of any outstanding charges does not terminate upon graduation, termination of membership, or upon relinquishing membership. All late fees, collection costs, legal costs, and requirements of this Agreement continue until Member has paid in full.
- In the event it shall become necessary for an Associate Chapter, Chapter, Housing Corporation, DEKE Foundation, DEKE Property Group, or the International Fraternity to commence legal or collection action to enforce this Agreement, Member agrees to pay any and all reasonable attorney’s fees, collection costs, and other costs in connection therewith.
- Member acknowledges responsibility or liability for his actions, operations or activities, including but not limited to, negligent acts, errors, or omissions. Student agrees to defend, hold harmless and indemnify the Associate Chapter, Chapter, International Fraternity, DEKE Foundation, DEKE Property Group, Board of Directors, Staff, Volunteers, and House Corporations, and their respective officers, agents, employees and volunteers, from and against any claims, damages, costs or expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising in any way out of Member’s actions, operations, or activities, including, but not limited to, their negligent acts, errors, or omissions or any breach of this Agreement including, but not limited to, any claims, damages, expenses or liabilities for any financial loss, or for loss or damage to any property, or for injury or death to any person or persons. Member shall not be obligated under the above to the extent that such claims, damages, costs, expenses or liabilities arise from the negligent acts, errors, or omissions of the Associate Chapter, Chapter, International Fraternity, DEKE Foundation, DEKE Property Group, Board of Directors, Staff, Volunteers, and House Corporations, or their respective officers, agents or employees.
- I agree that the laws of the State of Michigan shall govern the validity, performance and enforcement of this Membership Agreement.
- If any portion of Agreement is determined to be legally unenforceable, Member agrees that the remainder of the Agreement remains enforceable and intact.
- The parties agree that Agreement may not be amended or changed without the prior written agreement of the Member and the International Fraternity.
By signing this agreement, Member represents that he understands and will abide by the terms of this Agreement and its Addendums and that he is at least 18 years of age. If Member is under 18 years of age, he must include the signature of his legal parent or guardian. If Member is under 18 years of age, contact Turner Spears.
The International Fraternity reserves the right to edit and change the Constitution & Bylaws, the Standards of Delta Kappa Epsilon, and the Binding Arbitration Agreement in accordance with the governing documents of the International Fraternity.